Hotels and Accommodations:
Austin, Texas, is a busy town (see "What's going on in Austin"),
and so hotel rates are not, in general, very forgiving for conference rates.
In an attempt to help you meet your budget, we have located the following options for you.
We hope you will find an option to meet your needs.
- The brand new on-campus hotel is the conference site:
the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center (see
Friday sessions will take place at the hotel;
Saturday sessions (and possible Sunday sessions) will take place on the main campus of UT, a short block from the hotel.
- The rooms are being offered at a rate approximately half the going rate for this four-star hotel. We have a minimum commitment to make,
and so we would appreciate if you would use the hotel -- the rooms are luxurious, with plenty of room to share, and you will not need to hire a car
if you come in by plane (see below).
To reserve a hotel room, use this link
to the hotel booking site dedicated to our event.
If you can't get into that block, contact Katie Arens (firstname.lastname@example.org. They seem to still have space,
but the rooms have to be added to the block to guarantee the special rate.
- Reservations are available NOW, and the block is small. Please register at your earliest convenience.
If you need help with reservations, or wish to book by phone, use one of the
following dedicated Group Reservations phone numbers in order to make sure you are able to access special block rates and ensure you book within the block.
Reservations Toll Free: 877-744-8822
Reservations Local Phone: 512-404-3600
- For a list of other hotels in all price ranges near campus, see Hotels
near the UT campus.
- There are a number of bed-and-breakfasts near campus, but bookings are very tight.
Try your luck at http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/austin-texas.html
at inns like Austin Folk House, Inn at Pearl Street, Adams House, Austin Hyde Park Inn, or others,
some within walking distance, others on the free shuttle bus system that UT runs.
- If you are un/underemployed and/or a graduate student and would like us to find you
"flop space" (aka a couch or extra bed) during the conference,
most likely with a graduate student from UT, please send an email to
and indicate what you need. We'll try to accommodate you.
Getting To/From the Airport:
Driving from Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Note that the Airport and UT are about 10-15 minutes drive apart.
- All Airport Shuttles, Taxis and Rental Cars
- All busses; check out the "100 AIrport Flyer" bus which stops a five minute's walk
from the conference hotel. Exit the airport terminal and go to the busstop on the far right side of the terminal, in the medium.
Get off at the San Jacinto/21st street stop -- at the football stadium. A street dead-ends into the stadium,
running west from the stadium (you were travelling north from the airport). Walk two blocks to the top of the rise (you'll see an elaborate fountain
on the right, and the UT Tower); turn left down the divided street and AT &T Center is on the right a block down.
- Super Shuttle
In Austin: (512) 258-3826
National number: 1-800-BLUE VAN (258-3826)
- Yellow Cab
Austin number: (512) 452-9999
- Capital Metro Public Transportation: Use the Capital Metro Trip Planner
to find the best route.
Driving Directions to the Conference from IH-35
- When leaving the airport, turn left (west) on Hwy 71 and stay in one of the two right lanes.
- Stay in one of the righthand lanes as they curve to the right onto the Bastrop Highway/US 183.
- Continue in the same lane as it crosses the bridge over the Colorado River and then follow it to the right onto Airport Blvd.
- Stay on Airport Blvd. until the intersection with MLK Street.
- Turn left onto MLK and proceed as in the directions from IH-35 below.
- Take the MLK exit and turn west at the light (= right turn for those
traveling south on IH-35; a left turn for those traveling north).
- Travel west 3 blocks on MLK St. to the AT&T Center, and turn right into the garage. Public parking is also available at the
Trinity Garage; turn left on San Jacinto Boulevard to enter the garage
(see UT main parking map for other alternatives).
- Parking at UT: The AT&T Center has a pay parking lot under the hotel. Click here for a map
of regular and handicap accessible parking locations on the UT campus, where parking is VERY tight at all points.
- UTShuttle Service.